Are you a publisher looking to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of podcasting? The latest trends in the industry are shaping the way listeners engage with content and are creating opportunities for publishers to grow their businesses. From diverse content to binge-listening, here are 6 podcasting trends that every publisher should know about!
- Diverse content is key: Representation matters. Publishers must include diverse voices within their content offer to attract diverse listeners to the platform.
- Fewer politics, more comedy: New listeners are looking for a little escape from reality and are favoring genres such as true crime and entertainment news over political content.
- Indie podcasters are at the forefront: Independent podcasters dominate the charts despite the presence of major publishers and media companies, and are essential to the format’s extension.
- Binge-listening has become increasingly popular: Podcast genres that emphasize sequential storytelling and binge-listening are on the rise.
- Everyone can find a community that suits their interests: Podcasts allow publishers to discuss any topic, opening up a universe of possibilities to attract niche audiences and diverse listeners.
- Podcasts and television shows complement one another: Podcasts about popular TV shows are becoming extremely popular among movie and television enthusiasts.
Keeping a finger on the pulse of these trends is more important than ever. Publishers who can anticipate and adapt to these changes will be rewarded with being first-movers. And for those looking to take their podcast to the next level, head over to beheardpodcasting.com for professional podcast editing and production services to make your content stand out in the crowded podcasting landscape.
Pingback: Ways to keep podcast listeners engaged - Dark Horse Entrepreneur Schooling